Fees and Subscription Models
Yomiuri offers two options for subscriptions:
- 1.A single-institution subscription provides an institution with its own dedicated, single access to the database for an annual fee of 432,000 yen.
- 2.A group subscription plan applies to institutions outside Japan for an annual fee of 216,000 yen.
Annual subscription fees (Single-institution plan)
|Yomidas Rekishikan||With optional
- *The Regional Sections (Showa Era) is available for both single-institution and group subscriptions.
Additional service information
- Customers may request an additional 100 simultaneous accesses for up to six months in total (not more than three consecutive months), at an extra cost of 10,000 yen per month.
- Customers may request a preferred number of simultaneous accesses for workshop purposes. This offer is available for up to 14 days in total, with no more than seven consecutive days. This service is free.
Customers should contact us or their sales agent to take advantage of these additional services.
Agents for Yomidas Rekishikan
Please contact us directly or ask the following agents for further information on group subscriptions.
The Yomiuri Shimbun
Tel: (81) 3-3216-8513
Fax: (81) 3-3217-8262
Kinokuniya Company Ltd
Tel: (81) 3-6910-0518
Japan Publications Trading Co., Ltd.
Tel: (81) 3-3292-3753
Fax: (81) 3-3292-0410
Maruzen International Co., Ltd.
Tel: (1) 201-865-4400
Fax: (1) 201-865-4845
Neeleman International Consulting
Tel: (1) 801-363-4936
The Yomiuri defines a "single institution" to be an independent school or organization that stands by its own name and operates independently. While a group of schools may share educational materials as well as academic courses, we assume that each institution operates independently with its own budget. There is no limit on the number of students, faculty or organization members. Think tanks and private organizations are in this category.
In addition to dedicated access, the single institution subscription offers three additional features compared to the group subscription:
The Saved Articles feature allows users to save articles for easy retrieval in their own folders.
The Saved Search feature allows users to save their favorite search formulas in folders.
Usage statistics — for technical reasons, it is not possible to provide usage statistics for group subscriptions.
Saved Articles and Saved Searches are shared among all users of a single Yomidas Subscription Agreement, meaning all users at the school or institution. Saved Articles may be protected with a password, but only one password may be set per Yomidas Subscription Agreement.